Monday, May 4, 2009

High coo!

Joe burst out in spontaneous haiku last night on his way into bed. 

For no good reason, other than because he loves to make up lyrics to songs and rattle off poems about the pug, this is what he uttered in perfect syllabic rhythm:

"Cubbie, when you breathe
It sounds just like breaking wind
But without the smell"
--

PS. Picture is of me and the pug walking up Osprey Avenue in downtown Sarasota three years ago. (Ricci took it. She used to walk on the opposite side of the street to get to her apartment on Cherry Lane.) I posted it because my friend Martin suggested I reenact the red-headed pug-walking photo from last week. When I found this old picture, I scanned it and thought, a-ha! This is what I look like walking the pug ... in the winter ... in Sarasota ... back when I used to work from an office ... back when I actually wore skirts ... and fancy hats.

PPS. Joe's haiku also reminded me of a poem my father once wrote for my mother. It goes: "I want to hug you, and squeeze you, and pop you like a zit."



2 comments:

Tabitha said...

awww... what a cute picture (and what a fabulous hat)!

mirella. said...

I was going to say that I also wish that you lived north of the border with us, but then I saw the picture of you in this blog.... and I'm thinking maybe it would be better if we lived in Florida, where the cute skirt weather lasts MUCH longer...

On that note, the skirt/hat combo is so cute!
So is your adorable dog!
And so are the incredibly clever poems!

I hope to someday meet someone worth squeezing/popping like a zit...
... in Florida.