Sunday, February 1, 2009

Duly noted


Joe and I scribble a lot of notes to each other. They're scattered all over the house in various places. I thought I'd pull a few from our collection.
..................................

This is Joe's favorite most emasculating note. "Took 20 bucks for ammo. Have a good brunch. If you wake up for brunch ..."

This note was edited due to explicit content. Note: Stein Mart. As a female who lives in Florida, I can't help it. I'm a Golden Girl in waiting.

This note was rolled up, stuck in the pug's tail and delivered to Joe in the living room.

Our first Christmas tree shopping list. Note: "Cranberries or some shit."

We made this list when we moved into our old apartment. I like when Joe makes it a point to kiss me.

I wrote this note on the corner of an envelope and stuck it to Joe's fridge the morning I left for my cross-country excursion to Oregon.

Like Donna Reed, I make Joe turkey sammies every day before he leaves for work. This one was because he "forgot" to eat a sandwich the day before and had to throw it out because the Mayo had congealed.

He forgot again and blamed me.

We play Rummy like two old coots. This game ended in Joe's favor. As you can see, I'm a sore loser.

I really AM trying to become a better sport.

Finally. A Rummy game that ended in my favor. Step one to becoming a better sport: gloat via cartoons.


12 comments:

Robert said...

I still keep a note on my desk at work that my wife wrote on a post it to thank me for sending her to Boston with her sisters (who were running the marathon).

And what's wrong with playing rummy? I'm presently waiting for my wife to wake up from a nap with the baby to play bridge (online). New-age-old-fart you might say.

P.S. Amusing word verification: refuzin

C.Flower said...

Refuzin. As in: "Thanks Random House. I ain't refuzin your book deal, I'm just weighing my options."

Robert said...

Another random word verification: coneust.

Is that like "Coneust lemme have a sip o' yer teq.... tequila?"

Usually they look like a country in Eastern Europe.

tamtam19 said...

Awwww this one reminds me of Josh and I. I wish we lived closer so we could double-date... and talk about sore losing in card games. (Josh is the worst)

Sara said...

I wish I had a pug's tail to stuff notes into.

Also, my boobie cake was not in reference to my own boobies. I wish it were though. My friend had a breast reduction and we had a "Bye Bye Boobies" party for her. I am jealous. Someday I may say farewell to my own boobies. And I'll make myself a cake to celebrate.

Unknown said...

Ok, now i'm curious what the edited note said, lol

C.Flower said...

Robert: Very funny!
Tammy: Joe and I would LOVE to double-date you and Josh.
Sara: I don't like my boobies either! As a teen, I used to wrap my chest in an Ace bandage because I wanted tiny ones, what I got was a freaking-looking uni-boob and a better appreciation for "Shakespeare in Love."
Caroline: The edited note is not up for discussion. It would make my mother blush. Well, not really. It would make PK blush. And I'll leave it at that.

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

Love these notes!!! My husband leaves similar things all over the house and I love it!

Preggo and Pissed said...

I love this post, and I love your notes.. my favorite is the pug-delivered.

I have to comments:
1. I want to make that a TRIPLE date with Josh and Tams and Joe and Heidi (though Tams will have to put up with some 'foreign speak' :).

2. Why is my name on one of the notes next to paint?

C.Flower said...

Ha!!! That's hysterical. Your name IS on the note next to "paint." Do you remember, when Joe and I first moved into the apartment, how you were going to come over and paint canvases with me? Just before you left for Dakar? I forget what came up, but you couldn't make it. Maybe your mom was in town? Anyway. You kind of owe me. ;)

Shannon said...

I just found your blog today from a blog post I read at My Trendy Tykes. You were suggested by ModernMommy. Love your blog! That is cool that you keep the notes!

Anonymous said...

I'm a list maker for sure, even if I'm a geek who does it on a BlackBerry. Not sure how much trouble I would be in if my wife saw "kiss Barb" on my to-do list.