Saturday, January 31, 2009

The pug loves Pantene Pro V

It's always fun to tell people I shower with the pug. The reactions I get are all over the board. 

If it's someone who has a dog, he/she will likely say: "How do you get him to stand in the SHOWER? Isn't he freaked out by the WATER?"

If it's a woman who doesn't have a dog, but wants one super badly, but her square-of-a-husband won't let her, she will say: "AWWW. That's so cute! I didn't think dogs took showers!" (Motioning to her husband to pay closer attention.) "Her dog takes showers with her! Isn't that a hoot?"

If it's anyone (male or female) who doesn't have a dog/isn't a dog person/ doesn't want to be a dog person, they will say: "That's kind of messed up, don't you think?"

If it's a guy whose not necessarily a dog-lover or a dog-hater, but just a pervert, he will say: "That's hot, dude. Don't drop the soap."

If it's a kindred spirit who also showers with their dog, and understands the utilitarian genius of this method, he/she will say: "Yeah. Isn't it a whole lot easier than bathing him? I figure if I'm gonna get soaked anyway, might as well do it in the shower. I started doing it when he was a puppy. The dog's totally cool with it." 

On that note. Good morning and happy showering, or whatever it is you do to get clean in the morning. 

--

PS. The pug does not shower every day. It's bad for his coat. Also: he doesn't always use Pantene. It's usually Hartz Oatmeal dog shampoo, however HARTZ's flea and tick medicine and collars are reportedly killing cats and dogs, so I'm not buying their products anymore. Shampoo suggestions anyone?

3 comments:

roger said...

Oatmeal shampoo is the best poo for dogs.

Tabitha (From Single to Married) said...

Ha! I totally shower with Oscar (our pup). Okay, not all the time, but when it's his bathtime, I found it much easier to bring him in with me, otherwise I just get all wet when I give him a bath. Really it's like killing two birds with one stone, right?

C.Flower said...

Tabitha! You are the kindred spirit I was talking about in this post. Thank you for your support.

Bathing dogs is fine, but if you can get the little guy/lady to stand with you in the shower ... well then, you've got it made. I always felt my pug was extra special because he took human showers. I sure you feel the same way about Oscar.

BTW: He is adorable. I am in awe of his curly fur.