Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Nana's toilet paper.

My Nana and I are pen-pals. Rather than call each other, we exchange letters every few weeks. Last month I mailed her a rock from the Florida Panhandle and she responded with this letter written on one continuous sheet of two-play toilet paper:



Hello Heidi & Joe -

Finally getting around to answering your letter and acknowledging the lovely gift. I would say it's a shell from St. George Island. How wonderful that you could vacation. Thank you both for thinking of me and remembering my collection. (Oh yes I've added it to my special box you gave me of rocks.)

I had a hard time finding the right kind of toilet tissue. You see it has to be of premium quality in order to be able to write.

Warning! If for some reason (you never know) you decide to use this in an emergency be very careful to use it ink side down, or you may have a blue streaked butt. (Just joking.)

Well, your vacation is over and you're back to work. You know all good things come to an end sooner or later.

Went to Troy Gier's grad party Saturday night. (That's Aunt El's grandson.) Had a good time. Then Sunday Papa and I went to his aunt's 90th birthday party - that too was nice even if I didn't know too many of the relatives on Papa's side of the family.

The next month we'll be going to Lisa and Shawn's baby shower. Its at a restaurant in Dunkirk. Ought to be nice. I got him a baby stroller which can be made into an infant as well toddler car seat. It is quite deluxe! Of course Shawn picked it out so I know he'll like it.

I've been trying to catch up on my garden work. Lots of trimming to do but the rain has been annoying. I no sooner start and down it comes! Oh well one day I'll get it done.

Day 2. Trying to get this letter finished so I can get it out in tomorrow's mail. Just finished doing some trimming in the yard again. It seems like a never-ending job and I'm getting too old and tired. Trying to talk Papa into hiring a landscaper to do the work but he wont hear of it. You know Papa. If he doesn't do the work himself it won't meet his approval. I gave up mowing two years ago now I might retire from trimming too.

I've just about run out of happenings so I'll say bye for now. Enjoy the rest of the summer. Write when you can.

Love to you both.
Nana

PS. Written on quality TP.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All right Heidi: I was so thrilled to see my letter come up on your Lance. Your Mom Of course told me that you had put it out for all to see. How about that glad to see you enjoyed it. nana

Sara said...

Wow! How awesome is your grandmother? I love it that she sent you that on TP. I feel like your grandmother and mine could be friends (Read #44 on my latest blog)

I am also impressed she knows how to use a computer. But maybe that's not fair because I shouldn't assume everyone's family is like mine. My mother can't even turn the satellite dish, much less use a computer. Therefore, that only leads me to believe there would be little to no hope for my grandmother on a keyboard.