Friday, May 1, 2009

Bianchi's Goodwill comeback tour

Hello friends,

Bianchi and I need your help! This June, we're riding in a 62.5-mile charity bike race through Buffalo, N.Y. and we're sweating bullets because ... well ... neither of us has begun fundraising.

Please check out my Ride for Roswell homepage and read my fundraising letter. For those of you accustomed to verbose Lance posts, I promise you this letter is quick and to the point.

I wasn't going to plug the ride here, but Joe (who has yet to contribute) encouraged me to. He even took these glamour shots of Bianchi and I spending quality time together Wednesday night. 

This cause is so important to me, you have no idea how much it will mean if you donate just $1.

And because I love the U.S. Postal Service (or more-so because I love you) I promise to mail a cheesy Buffalo souvenir to anyone who donates more than $10 to my ride. 

Thank you so much,
Heidi

--

PS. I really do love post offices. I patronize them at least twice a week. At a bar one night in Sarasota, a male postal employee, whom I frequently deal with, bought me a drink and asked me to dance. (I did and he had very stale moves.) Now whenever we see each other it's awkward. Actually, it's so awkward I avoid his post office. 

PPS. Yes, Bianchi has pink handlebars now. I figured a new pink wrap-job would compliment her svelte green frame.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

And because I love the U.S. Postal Service (or more-so because I love you) I promise to mail a cheesy Buffalo souvenir to anyone who donates more than $10 to my ride.

can i get a cheesy florida souvenir instead? ;)

sign me up to donate - let me juggle some finances, but I'd love to help you out, it's great what you're doing!!!

C.Flower said...

Yes, Caroline. You will absolutely get a cheesy Florida souvenir. Perhaps something citrus-themed.

Holly Kurpiela said...

So, Brian and I just biked 40 miles today down Clinton Street! Holy Shit was it a workout! We both were dying on the ride back home. We actually biked into Wyoming County into the town of Bennington. We were so hungry on the way home we stopped at a Greasy Ma and Pa diner in the town of Elma. We then biked the remaining 15 miles back home with gurgling bellies. Lol! What a day! Tonight we decided to go to the Drive in on Transit. The new Wolverine movie is playing and I've been dying to see it! We're taking Owen and making a nest in the back of his Jeep. I've give you a call tomorrow! Love you! Ps..... we loved the Bianchi story, it's promoting the ride for Roswell, Yea! Can't wait for the long hull! You on Bianchi and me on Opa's Old English racer! Wahoo!