Friday, August 15, 2008

Nana barked.

This is the latest letter I received in the mail from my Nana. She wrote it on a piece of bark that fell from her birch tree:



Hi Heidi -
Oh yes, it's me again!

How about that I found this piece of bark that came off our birch tree, and thought it looked like parchment paper. A-ha! The lights came on and I says, I think that's sturdier than TP, so I'll send a note to Heidi.

You never know what I'll use next. Maybe I better get some note cards or something, right? You'll begin to think that I've lost my marbles. Or just that I'm plain cheap. I like being different. Besides, this came from my yard, and I love the white birch very much so I had to send it to you - whom I love also!

The only downfall is that it came off in small strips and is hard to write on.

Saw your mom today. She says you may be home next month. Good. I hope to see you then. Have a good week and enjoy the rest of the summer.

Much love!
Nana

PS. Hi to Joe.


1 comment: